Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Pinterst Service Post...

I haven't written in a really long time and I don't really feel like writing too much now.  I just can't deal with all the pink and pastel nurseries out there in Pinterest-land anymore, so I thought I'd write this so I could pin it and help everybody out.


If you're going to be lazy, you had better be creative.  This room was originally the office.  That's why it's green.  Really green.  British racing green.  I had a bunch of green and white fabric left from a queen-sized quilt I didn't like and decided to see if I could get away with being too lazy to paint.  I think it worked out.

That's scrapbooking paper (that was on clearance, by the way) in square frames.  That's it.
 

 


Add some yellow and some white and presto!  You have a nursery that doesn't look like it was painted in Pepto. 




The remains of the former queen-sized quilt became the wall hanging.




Wooden letter + Mod Podge = Filler for smallish walls.  The paper is from the same set as what's in the square frames.  Easy peasy.



I'll admit it.  It is difficult to find the perfect green rug.  It mimics the back of the wall hanging and the quilt.




The curtain that was also once a quilt.




And, of course, the actual quilt.




There you go.  A very not-pink girl's nursery.  You're welcome.


No comments: