Saturday, November 17, 2007

Are You Gonna Finish That?

I'm a process crafter. I enjoy making the thing rather than having a finished thing. I think that this is partially to blame for my inability to finish things in a timely manner. That and my ADD and my perfectionism. There is that, too.

At any rate, shortly after I returned from Las Vegas (in August of 2005, no less) I started this quilt. The fabric had been hanging around for awhile. It was too cute to cut. I finally found stuff that went with it and decided it would look good in what is called the "Churn Dash" pattern, a traditional American patchwork pattern (because we all know how traditional I am).


I actually have two rows across done, sashing and all. I think I was trying to determine if I really liked it all together or not. I think it's supposed to be 4 X 6 blocks. I don't remember. It was 2 years ago.


It's pretty much been kicking around since then. I really ought to finish it. Just as soon as I find all the pieces, that is.


The fabric is adorable. "Life is just a bowl of cherries."



Calls dibs now, because I need another quilt like I need a hole in the head.

No comments: