Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Block for Me

My birthday present finally arrived in August. It is a bunch of squares that connect in numerous ways to block your knitting. There are 9 blocks that you can lay out however you want...3 by 3, 9 by 1, or anything in between. They have a napped side to help hold your knitted fabric in place and the other side is waterproof. They are smooshy so you can stick pins in them. They're heat resistant so you can steam block right on them. They're pretty much brilliant. They come in their own bag with a press cloth.

They work very nicely one at a time for little baby stuff. Here's the sleeves to the brown sweater (finally) blocked. Next...the two pieces for the front of the cardigan.


Now, I just need more pins so that I can block more pieces at the same time. I swear I had more, but of course I can't find them anywhere!

No comments: