Saturday, September 6, 2008

Daddy Pants


Ryan has a pair of jeans that he really likes. I let him wear them for a while when they started to blow out, but there comes a point where there's no turning back.

This is that point.



He was really upset, since they're his favorite pants. He asked if I could fix them. Well, no. There's no pretty (by which I mean you can wear them in public) way to fix a hole like that.

Could I make something else out of them?

Why, yes. I could.


I decided to make some baby pants. The good, old-fashioned kind that snap in the crotch...the way God intended.

I had to play around with the pattern, but I got that worked out and proceeded to cut into the flesh, I mean fabric, of his favorite pair of jeans.


This morning, I got everything cut out and started to sew. I forgot about the part where babies suck out your brains and screwed up a couple of minor things before I decided it was a good time to do something else (around the time I sewed the front together wrong sides out). I'll get back to it maybe this afternoon.


The pattern also has a little button down shirt. Maybe I can get Ryan to retire that blue shirt that barely has a neckband left...

No comments: