Thursday, October 18, 2007

Singin' in the Rain

Out in Las Vegas, the faculty put on a production in the spring of whatever musical the kids did in the fall to raise money for a performing arts scholarship. Of course, most of us can't carry a tune in a bucket, so it's pretty funny. Some kids would come to every show just to laugh at us. We did Grease the first year I was out there and Singin' in the Rain the second. We raised a lot of money. The cast photo below shows us in all our Singin' glory.


I'm the short red dress (with the headband) on the left side in case you couldn't find Waldo. And yes, I did make the sparkly red flapper dress that I'm wearing.

The best part of the story, though is from the night of our final dress rehearsal. I had to pick something up on the way home and didn't have anything to change into. So I walked through my neighborhood Albertson's grocery store in a sparkly red flapper dress (self-actualization, line one). Even better, in proper Sin City style, no one even looked twice at me. Probably one of the few places where that's not the weirdest thing they've seen today.

No comments: