Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hooked

In addition to the beautiful yet unfinished jewelry box and some stunning sapphires to put in it, I also got crochet hooks for Christmas. Not just any crochet hooks. Hand turned hardwood hooks from Brains Barn in New Jersey by Brian Bergmann.

Here they are in the not-remotely-worthy new case that I made for them.


This one is an I and is made from black walnut.


This one is a K and is made from rosewood.


This is the J and is what has to be the blackest ebony I've ever seen. None of my knitting needles are anywhere near this dark.


I finally made myself a crochet hook case. It feels very inferior.


I used all three of them today, just playing around with some scrap yarn after I reorganized my stash. They're amazing. It really does make such a difference working with nice equipment and materials. These hooks have ruined me for all others. Even my black walnut Brittany hook pales in comparison. I told Ryan he's all set for the next couple of years worth of gifts...I need D through H and maybe an L!

No comments: