Saturday, December 1, 2007

Family Tree

I lied a little about none of the other ornaments being as fabulous as Paco and the cactus. There's some other pretty cool ones. They'll get their day in the sun...really.

This is one of my favorite ornaments. It was a gift from Ryan's parents.




It says around the bottom, "Connected with a bond of belonging - forever family."

I like the belonging part. That's very true. Ryan's whole family has been very welcoming, right from the beginning, especially Sue and Pete (or Mike, depending on the day...I'm just going to alternate back and forth, I think. We'll see how that works.).

Shortly after we announced that we were planning on getting married, I talked to Sean. He told me that he was "glad his brother finally found someone who appreciated his quirks." Really, that's what he said. What he doesn't know is that I'm only slightly less quirky than his dear brother. Not everybody gets me. It's nice to be accepted for who you are and everyone I've met so far seems to. I'm glad...I like them, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! You fit in so well because you are who you are. Not many people have the honesty and courage to be who they are :-), dork