Thursday, December 6, 2007

Making Progress

I'm getting the hang of this whole intarsia thing. What I've found is that you have to stop thinking about the shape of the flower or leaf or what have you. You have to think in rows.


That means you have lots of separate yarns for each color part. This makes for a big mess no matter what I try to do. Every couple of rows I straighten the whole thing out again. It's a good time. Really.


I am getting somewhere, though. I have a flower and a leaf done. I'm about 25 rows into the intarsia pattern. According to Ryan, that means I'm halfway done. I think he must have flunked math because I have to do it again on the other side. And do the bottom and the sides and the straps and sew it together and felt it. I don't think that's half.



This is testing the outside limits of my skills. I like it.

No comments: