Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm Not an Idiot

I can knit. I can knit lace (kinda). I can knit cables. I can now knit intarsia. I can knit English (yarn in the right hand). I can knit Continental (yarn in the left hand). If you put the two together, I can knit Fair Isle (in theory...I'm not really that great at it, yet).

I don't tell you this to brag. I tell you this because until half an hour or so ago...I couldn't make a decent I-cord.

The "I" stands for idiot. Because it's so easy, any moron could figure it out. Except this idiot.

Finally, I decided I'd better figure it out because the felted purse has 84 inches of I-cord for the handle. So I gave it another shot and I finally got it. It ain't pretty, but it's getting twisted and then felted anyways.


I have about 12 inches done so far. Let's see 12 inches, out of 84 inches. In Ryan math that's probably 3/4 of the way done...All right!

No comments: