Monday, December 3, 2007

Intarsia - ish

So, I started the Nicky Epstein bag. This is the first few rows that end up becoming the casing for the dowel. No problem. Stockinette stitch with a little garter thrown in for a turning ridge. Easy. Could do this in my sleep.


Then we get to the intarsia, the floral pattern, and I want to bang my head against the wall just a little. There's got to be an easier way. I have ripped this out at least two dozen times already and I'm only about 15 rows into the pattern. I think I'm making it harder than it has to be. That, and I keep missing things because I suck at reading patterns. Basically, it looks like a big mess right now.


The actual pattern is starting to emerge, though. I can see it. I'm glad it ends up getting felted. I'm not very neat about it yet. Here's part of a flower and a leaf. Really, I swear.


I'm going to keep reading. God knows I have enough books about knitting. I ought to be able to figure this out.

No comments: